We World-GVC is an Italian independent humanitarian, non-governmental, non-profit organisation born from the merger between GVC Onlus (founded in Bologna in 1971) and WeWorld Foundation (founded in Milan in 1999), with the aim of increasing the impact of their Development Cooperation and Humanitarian Aid projects in 29 countries worldwide. WeWorld-GVC started its operation in Cambodia in 2006 and since then it is committed to promote the respect and promotion of the rights of vulnerable communities within a vision of dignity, exchange and reciprocity. Starting from 2013, WeWorld-GVC has been working in preventing unsafe labour migration in order to protect the rights of Cambodian migrants (particularly women and children) and reduce their vulnerability to labour exploitation and human trafficking.
Job Responsibilities (ទំនូលខុសត្រូវការងារ):
The Sponsorship and Project Field Coordinator will be under supervision of the Country Representative and under the direct coordination with the Project Manager and the Sponsorship Program Manager of WeWorld-GVC Cambodia. He/she will be responsible overall management of Sponsorship program in schools by working closely with WeWorld-GVC partners project team in Siem Reap, school directors and teachers to ensure all Sponsorship children are identified and visible of their movement as well as provide appropriate response to any of them if they meet critical problem such as slow learning, move/change school, health problem…etc. He/she also works with project team to update and feedback on situation of vulnerable children and project’s activities in schools.
- Sponsorship program in school
- To assist Sponsorship program team in directly contact with school directors, teachers to assure the program in school is smooth.
- Work with school director/teacher to update to new grade and section of Sponsorship children at the beginning of school year.
- Implement and attend in all Sponsorship campaigns in school such new child card collection; annual drawing and photo update collection, process of correspondent and incidences and take picture as well.
- Ensure Sponsorship children‘s information relate to personal information, grade and section are up-to-date.
- Keep follow and collect drawing and photo of children who absent during drawing and photo campaign in each school.
- Work closely with director and teacher to monitor and follow up children in school if they have any significant problem (move away, drop out, change address or face serious health problem…) and pay home visit if any child meet the problem stated.
- Provide up-to-date information on time to Sponsorship department on Sponsorship activities in School.
- Regular reporting of LDS activities, including data analysis.
- Follow up children at risk
- To follow up children at risk to drop out and work with project team to provide an appropriate response to children to meet the problem as below:
- Slow Learners
- Serious health problem
- Migrate or move to other school
- Drop out from school but stay in village
- School Councils, Local authorities Communities engagement:
- Represent We World-GVC in the Province of Siem Reap in the dialogue with key stakeholder, under the supervision and the mandate of We World-GVC Country Representative and Department Managers.
- Support and participate in School Councils during the meeting related on Vulnerable Students Scholarship selection, School, infrastructures improvements and other matters.
- Work with project team to build strong relationship with local authority, community and parents to motivate children who drop out back to school again.
- Work with local authority to motivate parent to send their children to school.
- Identify development opportunity within school
- Consult with school director, teacher to identify development need in school.
- Support and monitor We World-GVC target schools on LDS project activities in the school and main stakeholders in the target areas.
- School material purchases and distribution, other as per request.
- Assist Student Council to run their activities in school.
Education and Requirments (កម្រិតវប្បធម៏ និងតម្រូវការ):
- Minimum 2 years experience prerfer in NGOs experience.
- Degree in Education, Development Study, or orther related skill.
- Excel knowledge or database
- Good Level of Enghlish spoken and written.
- Good at communication and Facilitation Skill.
- Sokcheng Ung
- #49, St. 302, Boeng Keng Kang Ti Muoy Sangkat, Chamkar Mon Khan, Phnom Penh Capital, Cambodia