Job Responsibilities (ទំនូលខុសត្រូវការងារ):
Purpose/Specific Objective of the Activity
The SSA will provide technical support to the COVID-19 Incident Management System (IMS Cambodia) within WCO Cambodia with a focus on support to provincial authorities. The specific objectives are to strengthen local-level preparedness and readiness, including: (1) community engagement, in response to COVID-19 pandemic; (2) clinical management of mild cases of COVID-19 and maintenance of essential health services at primary care (health centre) level; and (3) assist with facilitation of local level responses as guided by MOH and WHO.
- Method(s) to carry out the activity
- Provide technical advice and assistance to Ministry of Health (MoH) and Provincial Health Department (PHDs) to develop local preparedness plan covering all key priority areas for response to COVID-19 and beyond, as well as prioritization according to resource mobilization opportunities;
- Advise and provide assistance on clinical management of mild cases of COVID-19 and maintaining essential health services at primary care (health centre) level.
- Advise and support MOH and provinces for core capacity building technical activities for APSED III in line with IHR 2005 requirements, in all technical areas but particularly for active community engagement to support disease surveillance and response, contact monitoring, risk communication when responding to clusters of COVID-19 and other public health emergencies.
Education and Requirments (កម្រិតវប្បធម៏ និងតម្រូវការ):
- Specific requirements
- Qualifications required:
- Essential: Essential: University degree from a recognized university in medical sciences, public health, international development, or other related field.
- Desirable: Master’s degree in health or medical sciences.
- Experience required:
- At least two years of experience in organizing and facilitating strategic plan development;
- Demonstrated experience in facilitation and coordination of training and community engagement;
- Experience working with WHO or other UN organization and/or with the Cambodian Ministry of Health will be an asset;
- Experience in disease surveillance and outbreak investigation in Cambodia.
- Skills / Technical skills and knowledge:
- Expertise in community engagement, with preferably additional skill in epidemiology, outbreak investigation and responding to public health emergencies.
- Excellent organizational and coordination abilities in the context of CDC/MOH Cambodia are desirable.
- Expertise in infection prevention and control and familiar with clinical guideline for COVID-19
- Language requirements:
- Written and spoken fluency in English and Khmer are required.
- Building and promoting partnership across the organization and beyond
- Respect and promoting individual and cultural differences
- Communication in a credible effective way
- Knowing and managing yourself
- World Health Organization
- 023 216 610
- 1st Floor No. 61-64, Preah Norodom Blvd. (corner St. 306), Boeng Keng Kang Ti Muoy Sangkat, Chamkar Mon Khan, Phnom Penh Capital, Cambodia