Job Responsibilities (ទំនូលខុសត្រូវការងារ):
Title: Building capacity for CAC and organic cashew buyers, transporters and factory/warehouse manager on organic cashew production and post-harvest handling practice.
Type (Local or International): Local Individual Consultant
Duration of Assignment: 10 days between December 1, 2020 and January 31, 2021
The objective of this consultancy is to build the capacity of CAC on organic cashew production and organic cashew postharvest handling practices, and other organic cashew buyers, transporters and warehouse/factory owners/managers on post-harvest handling practices.
- The consultant will:
- Translate and update their existing organic cashew production guide / manual and organic cashew post-harvest handling manual into Khmer
- Develop TOT training materials and curriculum on organic cashew production and post-harvest handling in Khmer.
- Present the two TOT packages on organic cashew production and organic cashew post-harvest handling to Harvest II team for feedback and approval.
- Conduct training to deliver these two TOT packages for CAC board members and Harvest II staff as well as other targeted participants comprising of organic cashew buyers, transporters and warehouse / factory owners / managers. Training will be delivered in person and may also be broadcast digitally.
- Cooperate with Harvest II team members during their visits to the assignment site over the course of the assignment.
- The Consultant will submit a work plan to Harvest II not later than 2 (two) working days after contract signature.
- The Consultant will submit an organic cashew production guide/manual in Khmer, and an organic cashew post-harvest management in Khmer not later than 10 (ten) working days after contract signature.
- Conduct training of trainers on organic cashew production and organic cashew post-harvest management for CAC, Harvest II staff and organic cashew buyers, transporters and warehouse / factory owners / managers not later than one day after approval of Harvest II on the TOT packages.
- Final report which will include result of the training and recommendations for training participants and Harvest II to be submitted not later 7 (seven) days after the completion of the training.
Education and Requirments (កម្រិតវប្បធម៏ និងតម្រូវការ):
- At least bachelor degree in organic crop production and/or crop post-harvest handling management, focusing on organic crops or relevant disciplines with proven hands on experience in organic cashew production and post-harvest handling practices.
- Expert level knowledge of organic cashew production and organic cashew post-harvest management.
- Proven track records on similar assignments in the Cambodian context.
- Proficiency of English and Khmer speaking and writing.
- HR Department
- #11A, Street 370, Boeng Keng Kang Ti Muoy Sangkat, Chamkar Mon Khan, Phnom Penh Capital, Cambodia