We World-GVC is an Italian independent humanitarian, non-governmental, non-profit organisation born from the merger between GVC Onlus (founded in Bologna in 1971) and WeWorld Foundation (founded in Milan in 1999), with the aim of increasing the impact of their Development Cooperation and Humanitarian Aid projects in 29 countries worldwide. WeWorld-GVC started its operation in Cambodia in 2006 and since then it is committed to promote the respect and promotion of the rights of vulnerable communities within a vision of dignity, exchange and reciprocity. Starting from 2013, WeWorld-GVC has been working in preventing unsafe labour migration in order to protect the rights of Cambodian migrants (particularly women and children) and reduce their vulnerability to labour exploitation and human trafficking.
Job Responsibilities (ទំនូលខុសត្រូវការងារ):
Purpose of job:
To ensure the proper, effective and efficient planning and development of the projects activities implemented by WeWorld-GVC and the mainstreaming of migration related issues within other program sectors and advocacy. S/he will be constantly in contact with the Project Manager and with the projects’ partners. The Operations Manager will also contribute to the development of proposals, especially the ones where labour exploitation and trafficking issues is concerned and under the leadership of the Project Manager will actively engage with Donors and relevant stakeholders.
- Major responsibilities and tasks
- Responsible for the execution of the activities in the target areas assigned and the coordination with the project’s partners for the execution in the other areas.
- Responsible for the coordination and supervision of the team assigned.
- Responsible for the good use and care of the materials, means and tools assigned.
- Project Management and Coordination:
- Coordinate and monitor the activities planned in the areas of intervention assigned, guaranteeing the follow-up of the established indicators.
- Plan, supervise and evaluate periodically the execution of all the projects activities, the fulfilment of its results and objectives and the execution of the financial resources, together with the Project Manager and projects’ partners.
- Prepare, in coordination with the operation staff, the monthly planning of the activities for the target areas of the project under his/her responsibility; supervise and evaluate its execution.
- Liaise and coordinate with projects partners for designing and implementing all the projects activities, with special attention to the capacity building processes, in order to guarantee a common implementation strategy adapted to the local contexts.
- Design and conduct training sessions to SHGs/LRC members (local authorities, migrants’ community, CSOs members, etc.) and other target groups in collaboration with the operation team and projects partners.
- Visit projects activities and provide support and feedback to staff and/or implementing partners on program approaches and methodological issues.
- Participate in coordination, planning and evaluation meetings with projects partners and other stakeholders.
- Regular coordination and liaison with relevant authorities at National, provincial, district and commune level and with relevant humanitarian partners in the field.
- Assist in the representation of WeWorld-GVC in meetings relevant to We World-GVC’s work in Cambodia, including meetings with partners, government officials and sector/coordination meetings.
- Ensure WeWorld-GVC’s mandate is known and correctly understood by all stakeholders.
- Pro-actively liaise and build good relations with migrant community structures, local authority officials, community representatives and any other relevant stakeholders.
- Facilitate the organization of field visits conducted by Donors and/or other relevant institutions, if requested.
- Team Management and Technical Support:
- Select, together with the Project Manager, the local staff assigned to the target areas of the projects under his/her responsibility.
- Coordinate, supervise and monitor the work developed by the staff and any assigned volunteers and periodically evaluate their performance, promoting horizontal and equal relationships.
- Provide the team assigned with technical guidance and support through regular coordination meetings and/or ad-hoc info/training sessions.
- Mentor and support the staff through regular one-to-one supervision and performance appraisals.
- Ensure the team provides quality project implementation in accordance with donor and WeWorld-GVC regulations as well as in line with agreed work plans, log frames and indicators.
- Lead the operation team in the development of the design and methodological tools to be used in the training sessions, in order to ensure the organization of effective and efficient trainings responding to the training needs of the projects’ target groups.
- Ensure operation staff have a regular dialogue with relevant stakeholders in the areas assigned to them and coordinate /supervise Social Ambassadors, Focal Points and Community Mobilizers, as well as other stakeholder involved in the implementation of the projects activities.
- Coordinate with Project Manager and Communication Officers to ensure that the WeWorld-GVC migration program is well documented and that the institutional memory of WeWorld-GVC Cambodia is preserved.
- Collaborate in the preparation of communication and visibility materials of the projects.
- Prepare and update periodically, in coordination with the Project Manager and the administrative staff of the projects, the financial forecast of the planned activities, ensuring its correct execution in respect of the technical and administrative procedures established by the Donors and WeWorld-GVC.
- Contribute to the efficient and effective implementation of all the activities related to administration, finances and logistics to ensure smooth project implementation.
- Ensure operation staff submit forecast of expenditures on duly time and as per agreed work plan and budget.
- Ensure the production of quality data-collection and analysis.
- Ensure the production of quality and timely reports on program activities.
- Prepare and transmit to the Project Manager the monthly, quarterly and yearly reports of the progress of the activities carried out and any other document and data related to the realization of the projects.
- Collect, prepare and transmit all the necessary information for the intermediate and final reports required by the Donors and any other information requested by the Project Manager and/or Country Representative.
- Guarantee the good use and care of the materials and equipment assigned to carry out the project.
- Support and conduct any other tasks as requested by the line manager for the effective implementation of the WeWorld-GVC’s programs.
Education and Requirments (កម្រិតវប្បធម៏ និងតម្រូវការ):
- At least 2 years proven experience in a similar position
- University degree in the field of political or social sciences, international relations, migration/human trafficking studies or related
- Previous experience in working with International NGOs
- Knowledge and experience in projects and team management
- Specific studies or experience on migration related issues, labour exploitation or human trafficking with a gender approach would be an asset
- Knowledge and experience in other active sector of the organisation (livelihood, environment and climate change, education) would be an asset
- Fluency in both Khmer and English – written and spoken
- High level of computer literacy
- Experience in working with partners, NGO/CSO and public authorities
- Ability to prioritise and effectively manage assignments in a timely fashion
- Ability to liaise with a diverse range of people and stakeholders, from community to national level
- Strong organizational and interpersonal skills
- Excellent written, verbal and no-verbal communications skills
- Active listening
- Team player, flexible, network-builder, able to handle pressure, enjoy fieldwork
- Positive, respectful attitude and collaborative approach to problem solving
- Commitment to and understanding of WeWorld-GVC‘s aims, values and principles.
- Sokcheng Ung
- #49, St. 302, Boeng Keng Kang Ti Muoy Sangkat, Chamkar Mon Khan, Phnom Penh Capital, Cambodia