Job Responsibilities (ទំនូលខុសត្រូវការងារ):
The reporter is responsible for producing daily news, occasional feature reports, interview and investigative reports for CCIM’s online platforms.
- Produce daily news/feature/interview/investigative report:
- Attend morning and afternoon editorial meeting.
- Gather information, materials and interviews from sources to prepare a daily news investigative article in consultation with bulletin news editors or Editor in Chief (in multi-media – article, audio and video).
- Find a story by himself/herself every day by consultation with News Editors or Editor in Chief.
- Consult with News Editors or Editor in Chief on newsworthy topics or event to research, analyse and draft report.
- Prepare written radio report with standard sound clip.
- Submit to editors before deadline.
- Roster to work every weekend.
- Follow VOD news operational guideline standard and Editors’ directions.
- Prepare reports as required by News Editor or Editor in Chief:
- Keep a daily log of work challenges and completed programs.
- Prepare and submit a regular report to their news editor.
- Work as master of ceremony (MC):
- Read all information provided by editor before going on air.
- Ensure reading is clear and follows direction.
- Take feedback from editors/ Editor in Chief after recording.
- Undertake training and capacity building activities:
- Work with supervisor to identify areas requiring development.
- Attend internal and external training and meeting as agreed with supervisor.
- Other duties as required.
Education and Requirments (កម្រិតវប្បធម៏ និងតម្រូវការ):
- Cambodian national. Women are encouraged to apply.
- Bachelor degree in Journalism skill or related field.
- At least last 2 year’s successful working experience in the position of news reporter.
- Successful experience in producing breaking news, in-depth reports, features, interviews, and investigative reports.
- Good interpersonal and written communications skills.
- Good computer literacy in MS Office programs, Khmer Unicode and Adobe Audition.
- Proficient in speaking, reading and writing in English.
- Effective use of social media networks, internet and email for research and investigation.
- Wide understanding of social issues and capable of critical thinking and discussion.
- Able to work overtime, on holiday or on weekend, and to travel to the provinces when required.
- A passionate and energetic team member with a genuine interest in working to develop independent and professional media, promote human rights and democratic governance.
- HR Department
- #14A, St. 392, Boeng Keng Kang Ti Muoy Sangkat, Chamkar Mon Khan, Phnom Penh Capital, Cambodia