Job Responsibilities (ទំនូលខុសត្រូវការងារ):
The role of the National Director is to be an ambassador for Chab Dai and oversee and lead the Cambodia vision, mission, operations functions, and activities. You will be the face of Chab Dai Coalition, responsible for giving the proper strategic direction and decision making as well as motivating staff and implementing high-quality programs. Working closely with the Executive Director and key leadership staff, you will provide advice, motivation, and communication to ensure a high and consistent standard of practice that aligns with the organisation’s vision, mission, core values and objectives. You will also represent Chab Dai with the Cambodian government and other stakeholders.
This role reports to the Executive Director and Founder and is a full-time post.
- These fall into two main areas:
- Internal – Lead the Cambodia team and directly oversee and support the Leadership Council and together develop all organisational policies and standard operating procedures and review on a regular basis, and when necessary, implement changes to reflect the Cambodian Law. Model and socialise our core values and professional identity at all times.
- External – Represent Chab Dai professionally and ethically with the Cambodian Government, external stakeholders and donors in all forms of communications (phone, emails, conferences, presentations and face to face meetings). Maintain up-to-date awareness of all our projects and outcomes in order to communicate this effectively with all external stakeholders.
- Chab Dai Coalition Cambodia
- Provide direction and communication on Chab Dai’s Vision and Mission
- Lead the organisation and model the culture in relation to Chab Dai’s Core Values
- Build and maintain positive partnerships and communication with existing donors and help to find new donors.
- Develop and implement the Strategic Plan for Chab Dai Cambodia and oversee its effectiveness.
- Prepare quarterly organisation and finance reports to the Executive Director and boards.
- Advise and input on annual external audits for Chab Dai Cambodia.
- Provide direct management, support and supervision of the Head of Programs, Head of Finance and Head of People and Culture
- Working with the Head of Finance & Administration, develop and oversee financial management of the organization and all projects.
- With the Head of Programs, develop and oversee the proposals, reporting and monitoring of all Cambodia based projects.
- With the Head of People and Culture, develop and oversee the staff policies and development of the Chab Dai Cambodia team.
- Provide crisis management and risk mitigation in relation to Chab Dai’s reputation and security.
- Advise/participate in abuse cases where allegations involve Chab Dai Cambodia staff and member organizations.
- Work with Project Teams and Head of Programs to develop and enhance internal processes, systems and structures to support operational needs and address any gaps
- Cambodian Government and Other External Stakeholders:
- To build maintain a positive relationship and accountability with the Royal Government of Cambodia and ensure compliance with Government requests, laws and protocols.
- Process the necessary documentation to renew Chab Dai Coalition’s Government MOU’s and legal registration.
- Represent Chab Dai Cambodia to, and provide technical support for, the National Committee for Counter Human trafficking, MOSAVY and MOI to address human trafficking in Cambodia.
- Meet with other external partners and visitors and represent Chab Dai to inform them on the current trafficking situation in Cambodia and the region and our program responses.
- Represent Chab Dai in external conferences and presentations, acting as Chab Dai’s subject Matter Expert.
- Key Attributes:
- Excellent leadership and organizational management skills.
- Strong operational and process management skills to identify improvement areas and work with project teams to implement systems to enhance organizational effectiveness
- Can align with Chab Dai’s core Values – faith-inspired, collaborative, empowering, responsible, learners.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills in English and Khmer.
- Ability to work sensitively with people from a variety of cultural, social and organizational backgrounds.
- Strong competency in financial management practices; including operational budgets, financial records and policy.
- The ability to work with, and understand, data driven responses and impact.
- A desire to build a strong organization from within, championing staff and ensuring their professional and personal wellbeing, promoting a sense of pride in all that Chab Dai Coalition seeks to achieve.
Education and Requirments (កម្រិតវប្បធម៏ និងតម្រូវការ):
- Proven experience as a director or leader of an NGO in Cambodia
- Strong problem solving, critical thinking and conflict management skills
- Relevant and up to date understanding and communication of the issues in Cambodia and the Region relating to abuse and human trafficking.
- Masters degree in leadership, business administration or relevant field.
- More than 10 years’ experience in relevant NOS sector.
- Committed to the Vision, Mission and Core Values of Chab Dai.
- HR Department
- #163, Street 27 BT, Boeng Tumpun Sangkat, Mean Chey Khan, Phnom Penh Capital, Cambodia