* Graphic Design
- Work closely with Art Directors (2) to support ULS project work for both print and digital communications. This will include both print and digital projects;
- Technical/conceptual drawings to support projects;
- Photo touch up with emphasis on basic skin/complexion adjustments, cropping, lighting adjustments, etc.;
- Layout support with religious adherence to proper grid structures and document integrity, following branding guide and in-house design file requirements;
- Setting up workflows for templates work such as social media posts and other campaigns;
- Being on call to continue work in coordination with other designers;
- Contribute to creative meetings for concepts and ideas.
* Media Development
- Work closely with Social Media Manager to plan out graphic and media needs;
- Shoot photos and occasional video of events to support social media;
- Quick editing for fast sharing on social media channels with emphasis on Facebook and IG;
- Edit short walk-and-talk videos with some graphics and proper audio and graphic layovers for branding;
- Help ideate ways that ULS can engage local audiences through online media;
- Note that the division of work may shift from week to week new tasks in new areas are likely;
- Develop storyboards or photo-storyboards for internal videos or noncomplex video production tasks
Please email the following with the subject “I think in halftones” to
- Portfolio or link to online portfolio;
- One link to an InDesign file that demonstrates your knowledge of grids
- and styles;
- A cover letter sharing why you are the perfect fit for this job and ALSO
- identifying at least 1 typo you found in this Job Description.
- Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted for interview.
* Education &Experience
- Four-year university degree or technical degree in media, communications,design or similar preferred, but direct experience in related field will be considered;
- “Can do” attitude, willing to spend time researching and learning independently when new tasks come up. Must be a self-starter;
- Passion for commercial art and design with a close eye for detail;
- Knowledge of typography, photography, layout, video production, and printing techniques;
- Familiarity with design aspects and constraints of web layout, email campaigns, social media design etc.;
- Extremely organized from digital asset organization to detailed use of styles in InDesign and Illustrator, we expect this position to always keep things organized with an aim toward maximum efficiency;
- Strong familiarity with Adobe suite with emphasis on Illustrator, InDesign and Photoshop; familiarity with InCopy also helpful;
- Basic video editing in common applications such as Adobe Premier, Animate and/or After Effects or similar helpful;
- Native Khmer and high level of English proficiency, confident enough to spot typoos and mistakes in both languages
* Desired but not required
- Photography experience or willingness to learn, specifically in relation to candid event photography, basic lighting, basic photo editing and organization of photo shoots;
- Drawing and illustration skills, both hand drawing or technical drawing useful.
* Other Details
- Working hours: Up to 48 hours per week; primary work days shall be Monday to Friday 9 AM – 6 PM with occasional offsite work. Work outside of office hours will be required on occasions.
- Location: Phnom Penh, Cambodia.
- Reports to: This position reports to the Art Directors.
- Compensation: ULS is offering a competitive base salary commensurate with experience.
- Benefits: This position comes with international medical coverage and unlimited holiday/leave.
Urban Living Solutions (ULS) is a growing real estate and
lifestyle development company based in Phnom Penh,
Cambodia. We target community-focused projects for the
Cambodian middle class. ULS currently has four active,
large mixed-use development projects in construction.
- Mrs. Kim Sothea
- 012 252 837
- Phnom Penh