Job Responsibilities (ទំនូលខុសត្រូវការងារ):
Accountable to: Director of Development.
Type of Employment: with an Undetermined Duration
Place of Employment: Ideally the successful candidate would be based in Cambodia however applications from Australia, the UK and Ireland will also be considered.
This will vary depending on employment location and local legislation. .
A competitive salary and allowances will be negotiated, commensurate with candidate’s experience and qualifications.
This is a new role created to manage, develop, and coordinate fundraising activities from all sources excluding government agencies. Up to now, this has operated on a largely decentralised basis. This role will add to the professionalism of the fundraising activities while improving focus, consistency, coordination and implementation of campaigns without hindering local initiative, expertise and enthusiasm. The General Manager Fundraising will report to the Director of Development who has overall responsibility for Marketing, Communications, and Fundraising across all countries where SeeBeyondBorders has a presence.
The General Manager Fundraising, as a member of the Leadership Team, will be the budget holder for Fundraising. They will coordinate the organisation’s approach to fundraising in line with the Marketing Plan, matching available resources with campaigns to optimise and developing the mix of funding sources as most relevant to SeeBeyondBorders activities. This is very much both a mentoring and doing role – being out front and visible – coordinating with in-country teams as appropriate to ensure income targets are met while providing essential feedback to ensure that donors are intrigued and engaged by the work we do to offer better opportunities for communities where we work.
- Tasks and responsibilities
- The successful candidate will be able to develop and manage their Key Performance Indicators working with the Director of Development to agree targets and set their tasks accordingly.
- Key responsibilities Include but are not limited to the following:
- Lead the fundraising planning process to produce effective strategies to achieve income targets across the organization in line with the Marketing Plan.
- Maintain full and complete records commensurate with a professional fundraising organization so as to effect sophisticated donor management and information sharing.
- Conceptualise and develop innovative proposals and grant submissions for funding opportunities, including narratives and supporting documentation, in English.
- Prepare and develop donor reports for key supporters ensuring our reporting is accurate, timely and of a high quality.
- Develop strategies to leverage the candidates experience with other members of the team, other supporters and volunteers so as to achieve an effective process for:
- Researching grant giving organisations and developing quality funding applications in English.
- Researching fundraising opportunities particularly but not restricted to Asia, attend networking events and ensure growth of fundraising revenues in local currency.
- Supporting the planning and implementation of fundraising events and campaigns in various countries ensuring proper processes are followed.
- Lead on follow up and stewardship after pertinent donor visits.
- Work closely with the operations teams in Cambodia to identify fundraising opportunities and to understand where additional funding is required.
- Provide support for all fundraising activities including compliance, marketing and fundraising related communications.
- Strategically leverage the time and expertise of the boards of directors, trustees and advisors in a way that adds value and generates substantial income.
Education and Requirments (កម្រិតវប្បធម៏ និងតម្រូវការ):
- Qualities, qualifications and experience
- SeeBeyondBorders is looking for someone who is outgoing while professional with high integrity and credibility who is a consummate and persuasive communicator, can write tight, professional and yet lively prose and thrives on engaging and building relationships with existing and potential donors.
- The suitable candidate will likely have:
- Relevant degree level qualifications in business, international development, project management or similar.
- A minimum of 5 years working experience that has required the candidate to write in a professional context, including fundraising experience involving grant applications, donor reporting and donor management.
- Demonstrable success in bringing in significant funding in previous roles which will have been in a variety of settings and charity types including those working in education and in developing countries.
- A track record of having developed and managed key relationships generating significant funding for the charity using an effective CRM system to support their work.
- Experience with managing budgets for fundraising costs and fundraising income.
- Experience with leadership, managing staff or being a senior member of a team.
- Experience of liaising with and assisting or supporting the communications function in the organisations where they have been fundraising in multiple countries.
- Complete fluency with written and spoken English.
- Research experience.
- Project and/or program management experience in a development context.Understanding of Cambodian culture, and laws.
- Personal Characteristics
- Results-oriented individual keen to develop the skills of others so as to help achieve results.
- Comfortable mixing with individuals of significant means while developing their knowledge of how to support causes effectively and use their position for the benefit of the charity.
- Proactive, confident and comfortable to initiate conversations while still a team player, willing to work hard and set an example to colleagues at all levels of the organisation.
- Respected and respectful with a high level of honesty and integrity.
- Innovative and creative attitude to change and improvements, with a willingness to share ideas and identify opportunities for improvement.
- Able to communicate and collaborate with colleagues and partners at all levels and from a variety of ethnic, social and religious backgrounds.
- Patience and a high frustration tolerance.
- Recruitment Team
- Phnom Penh, Cambodia.