- As a fashion designer:
- Research current fashion trends.
- Forecasting what will be popular with consumers, and take inspiration around you to create fresh and original designs.
- Decide on fabrics, colours and patterns, produce sample designs and adjust them until you’re happy with the final product.
- Depending on where you work and your level of responsibility, you may work to your own brief or be given a brief to work towards, with specifications relating to colour, fabric and budget.
- In small or large companies, you’re likely to work as part of a team of designers, with headed by a creative director, whereas if working for a small company as sole designer or for yourself, you’ll be responsible for all the designs.
- Such as sportswear, childrenswear, footwear, medical style (Medical uniform), Hotel & Hospitality staff of hotel or accessories.
- The majority of designers work and where garments are mass manufactured
- Key role in this design process.
- Requires large amounts of time spent on the production of one off garments
- Designs usually endorse the brand and create a “look”.
- Create or visualise an idea and produce a design by hand or using computer-aided design (CAD)
- Create moodboards to show to clients
- Keep up to date with emerging fashion trends as well as general trends relating to fabrics, colours and shapes
- Plan and develop ranges, often based on a theme
- Work with others in the design team, such as buyers and forecasters
- To develop products to meet a brief
- Liaise closely with sales, buying and production teams on an ongoing basis to ensure items suit the customer, market and price points
- Understand design from a technical perspective, i.e. Producing patterns and technical specifications for designs
- Adapt existing designs for mass production
- Develop a pattern that is cut and sewn into sample garments and supervise the creation, negotiate with customers and suppliers
- Work with models to try out your designs and fashion shows
- Fashion design skills. Relevant subjects include:
- Art and design
- Fashion and fashion design
- Fashion business
- Fashion buying, marketing and communication
- Garment technology
- Graphic design
- Textiles and textile design.
- Technical skills, including pattern cutting and sewing
- Commercial awareness and business orientation
- Self-promotion and confidence
- Team working skills
- Good organization and time management.
CLOSING DATE: 20-Oct-2020
HOW TO APPLY:
Pointer Please send your application to the below contact:
- Name : HCH Clear, LTD
- Email : firstname.lastname@example.org
- Phone : HCH/HR
- Address : #05, St1019, Phnom PenhThmey, SenSok, PhnomPenh.