Job Responsibilities (ទំនូលខុសត្រូវការងារ):
Objective of Consultancy
The objective of this consultancy is to lead and support in implementing the EQHA project activities mainly in Quality Improvement Collaborative in referral hospitals and health centers in Kampong Chhnang province.
It will require 4 months of consultant between December 2020 to March 2021 with estimated 80 working days.
Scope of work
The consultant will support the effort of multiple health centers or referral hospital-based teams working to improve the quality of services delivery by engaging both public and private providers, including day-to-day implementation of program activities, coordination, collaboration, and communication with government agencies and all stakeholders (both public and private sector) in Kampong Chhnang province. S/He will work closely with public sector QI units at PHD to ensure QI Collaborative activity is smoothly implemented at both public and private sector; play role as mentor to public and private providers to improve quality of services through hand-on practice, observation, immediate feedback, develop QI plan, develop change idea and plan, and identify coaching needs. The consultant will report to EQHA QI Program Manager
- Support QI teams of PHD and OD in the QI effort:
- Support QI Collaborative scale up activities in Kampong Tralach OD of Kampong Chhnang province.
- Support RH and HC to prioritize gaps found by NQEM or QI assessment in public and develop plan for quality improvement/change. Page 2 of 3
- Work closely with QI Advisor (FHI360) and Private Health Sector Manager (PSI) in capacity development of referral hospitals, health centers and private health sector on QI Collaborative approach
- Support public providers to test and implement changes or change package/change ideas in the areas of MCH, TB, HIV, Nutrition and FP using a “Plan-Do-Study-Act” template and approach
- Coordinate with ODs to support MCAT quarterly meeting to midwives
- Coordinate with national program and/or other relevant stakeholders to provide necessary training to public health providers in Kampong Chhnang Help the health facilities and the relevant line departments in Kampong Chhnang to tackle challenges that arise during the improvement efforts
- Conduct regular on-site coaching visits to health facilities:
- Prepare training materials and equipment needed for the training/coaching visits for the areas of MCH, TB, HIV, Nutrition and FP
- Together with coaching team of PHD QI unit and/or OD QI team, conduct regular coaching visits and mentor the team of public providers to improve quality of services through role playing, hand-on practice, observation, and immediate feedback and develop QI plan for the facility
- Link both public providers to the right coach for specific skill needed to improve clinical quality
- Work with the team of public providers to validate the data and analyze QI measures using run charts
- Assess the performance/functionality of the team of public providers in relation to QI effort
- With the guidance from EQHA MEL team and PSI/C’s MIS Manager, support public health providers in data collection, improving data validation, data analysis, data accessibility, data utilization, and QI dashboard.
- Collect project indicators data and ensure data accuracy and completeness before submission to supervisor and donors, and well documentation of data sources.
- Maintain regular communication with the management team and the project:
- Maintain regular communication on QI activities via meetings, email, or phone with the EQHA management team and the project QI Advisor Participate in technical and clinical meetings and events at the sub-national level (provincial and district levels)
- COVID-19 activities:
- Work closely with FHI360 EQHA team to implement COVID-19 response activities under PSI’s scope of work as required
- Support Private Health Sector Manager (as needed) to coordinate training on COVID-19 response related activities to private health facilities in Kampong Chhnang
- Report progress activities (weekly or bi-weekly) to supervisor
- Joint-monthly activity plan with PHD and OD QI team developed and shared with supervisor and others relevant people from PSI as well as FHI360.
- Organized QI training to OD Kampong Tralach of Kampong Chhnang province
- Joint coaching visits at least ten time per month with PHD and OD team, gap identified and supported health facility to fulfill them, coaching report written, shared with management team and properly kept.
- MCAT training/meeting conducted
- TB, IPC and others training conducted
- Weekly accomplishment and quarterly report is written and on time submitted with high quality.
- Collected and submitted monthly progress data (QI indicators and donor indicators) and entered in system on time, with accurate source of data documented
Education and Requirments (កម្រិតវប្បធម៏ និងតម្រូវការ):
- Medical Doctor, Medical Assistant, Midwife, nurse.
- At least 5 years work experienced in the field of healthcare, quality assurance, quality improvement.
- At least 5 years work experience in a job which required project management responsibilities
- Experience working with MoH in some capacity, either at national or provincial level.
- Program management skills –planning, monitoring, work plan development and management, budget management using excel.
- Capacity building, offering feedback, coaching, and mentoring skills.
- Facilitation and presentation skills.
- Clinical quality improvement skills.
- Event/training/working planning & management skills.
- Good written and spoken English.
- Fluency in Khmer.
- Computer literacy with Microsoft Office, Power Point, email, and internet.
- HR Department
- – #29, Street 334, Boeng Keng Kang Ti Muoy Sangkat, Chamkar Mon Khan, Phnom Penh Capital, Cambodia