Job Responsibilities (ទំនូលខុសត្រូវការងារ):
Counseling Supervisor : ARC, a ministry of Agape International Missions, is looking for a Female Cambodian national to fill the position of full-time Counseling Supervisor.
Job Purpose : To provide training, clinical supervision and technical case management that ensures that all ARC residents receive good quality counselling to enable them to recover from their trauma and become resilient and emotionally healthy before they are reintegrated.
Reports to: Supervisor.
- ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES: (i.e. those which are basic, necessary, and an integral part of the job, are indicated below.)
- Know & understand all ARC Counseling policy and procedures.
- Work with the Clinical Manager in the recruitment process of new Counselors.
- Plan & lead new staff training for all ARC Counselors, including Trauma Focused -Cognitive Behaviors Therapy.
- Plan & lead ongoing staff training for all ARC Counselors.
- Lead training on confidentiality with all Counselors, strictly follow ARC confidentiality policy and ensure that all counselling and clinical staff follow and respect it, and pass on information to managers if concerned that rules are being broken.
- Work with the Counseling mentor to regularly update curriculum, create new material for counseling, find new resources for counselors and where possible to translate resources as needed.
- Communicate with the Life Skills coordinator on what new topics may be needed.
- Work with the Counseling Team Leader to assign new residents to a counselor.
- Work with the Counseling Team Leader to plan weekly team meetings for the counseling team.
- Work with the Counseling Team Leader to prepare the monthly counseling schedule and send to the Clinical Manager.
- Check monthly report of all Counselors and use reports in weekly supervision meetings to guide discussions.
- Have weekly counseling supervision meetings with each counselor, helping them and giving advice on dealing with difficult cases, so that counselors grow in their abilities. The Supervisor should keep confidential notes from these meetings and discuss with the mentor what information should be shared with leadership.
- Meet weekly with the Counseling Team Leader to discuss cases (in line with confidentiality) and Counselor performance, especially ensuring that any concerns about Counselors or Clients are passed on. These meetings should include the Clinical Manager at least one time per month.
- Partner with other NGOs and agencies to find additional training and materials for counseling.
- Be available to Counselors for consulting on cases as needed and approving decisions.
- Meet once weekly with the Internal SW/Counseling Leadership Team.
- Work with Counseling Team Leader to carry out annual reviews for all counselors in your team to evaluate performance and set goals, and do follow up meetings to review goals.
- Work with the Internal SW/Counseling Leadership Team to prepare and lead monthly meetings for all internal staff.
- Plan and lead group therapy for ARC residents.
- Attend semi-regular Thursday and Friday caregiver’s meetings assisting counselors with cases and auditing confidentiality and information sharing.
- Be willing and available to carry out training to all ARC staff or in individual department meetings in relation to counselling and trauma informed care.
- Attend external meetings and training as needed as a representative of ARC staff.
- Cooperate with the Government Liaison Coordinator to provide any counseling information requested by the government.
- Attend all necessary ARC training, and be open to learning and developing management and leadership skills.
- Hold all that is read, heard or translated in the strictest confidentiality.
- Attend daily morning devotions, as well as the afternoon staff devotion and prayer time.
- Other duties as assigned.
Education and Requirments (កម្រិតវប្បធម៏ និងតម្រូវការ):
- ESSENTIAL BELIEFS AND VALUES: (i.e. our employees align with the faith and foundation of the organization including the items listed below)
- Maintain a personal relationship with Jesus Christ and is a consistent witness of Jesus Christ. Regularly attend church and pray.
- Exhibit and model humility, emotional maturity, patience, love, acceptance, encouragement and genuine empathy.
- Seek staff unity, reconciliation and restoration.
- Speak of Agape International Missions, our staff, our partners, participants in our programs, and other organizations with respect and honor across all communication platforms, faithfully praying for each.
- Act as an Advocate for AIM and each individual AIM serves, understanding the problem, raising awareness of the need and how everyone can respond.
- Adhere to AIM’s Mission, Vision, Values and Statement of Faith.
- Maintain confidentiality.
- Self-sufficiency to maintain spiritual, physical and emotional health while consistently working toward the vision of AIM as a whole and the department in particular.
- Education and Experience:
- Education: Bachelor’s Degree.
- Experience: Minimum 3 years Counseling experience and some management experience preferred.
- Other requirements:
- Must be Christian.
- No criminal record.
- An active member of a local Christian church.
- Pastor’s reference.
- Skills and Abilities: Specific and General skills and abilities required to meet the expectations of the position.
- Fluent in Khmer: written and spoken.
- A good command of English: written and spoken, preferred.
- Computer literate.
- Ability to work alone and take initiative.
- Ability to work within the Clinical leadership team.
- Ability to lead a team, even when it involves difficult decisions.
- Ability to solve problems, think critically and make effective decisions.
- Ability to manage conflict.
- Willingness to learn.
- Ability to train, mentor and manage staff.
- Ability to manage time and prioritize tasks efficiently.
- Good communication skills, both written and verbal, to be adapted for different audiences.
- HR Officer
- 093 651 749 /012 347 731
- Lu, Svay Pak Sangkat, Russey Keo Khan, Phnom Penh Capital, Cambodia