We World-GVC is an Italian independent humanitarian, non-governmental, non-profit organisation born from the merger between GVC Onlus (founded in Bologna in 1971) and WeWorld Foundation (founded in Milan in 1999), with the aim of increasing the impact of their Development Cooperation and Humanitarian Aid projects in 29 countries worldwide. WeWorld-GVC started its operation in Cambodia in 2006 and since then it is committed to promote the respect and promotion of the rights of vulnerable communities within a vision of dignity, exchange and reciprocity. Starting from 2013, WeWorld-GVC has been working in preventing unsafe labour migration in order to protect the rights of Cambodian migrants (particularly women and children) and reduce their vulnerability to labour exploitation and human trafficking.
Job Responsibilities (ទំនូលខុសត្រូវការងារ):
Purpose of job:
To ensure the implementation of project activities on safe migration and labour rights, provide support and guidance to the community members (focal points, community mobilizers, social ambassadors, CSOs and LA representatives, etc.) and assist in the implementation and monitoring of the programme’s communication and advocacy initiatives.
- Community facilitator tasks:
- Support in maintaining an open dialogue with local authorities, stakeholders, beneficiaries and partners;
- Coordinate and organizing awareness sessions/cultural events/focus group discussions in the areas covered by the projects;
- Organizing and implementing training and capacity building sessions for Local authorities, CBOs and NGOs, Focal Points, Community Mobilizers and members of the SHGs/LRCs;
- Together with the operation staff and project’s partners develop materials for the training and evaluation test of each activity to measure the impact of it;
- Assess training needs of the different target groups and recommend suitable intervention;
- Organize and facilitate SHG/LRC meetings in the targeted communities in order to raise awareness, building capacities and advocacy actions on human trafficking, safe migration and labour rights;
- Ensure the participation of all the stakeholders, CSOs and community members in the process of planning and implementation of the proposed activities;
- Support in mapping and updating all stakeholders, CSOs/NGOs operating in the target provinces in the sector of migration and strengthen the relations, cooperation and synergy with them;
- Ensure proper documentation of data collected (hard and soft copies);
- Attend and participate in necessary meetings, working groups or forum related to the project at provincial /district/commune/village level, if requested. Take minutes, pictures and video materials from the meetings and any other activity implemented;
- Accompany and facilitate monitoring visits to the field. Ensure adequate reporting regarding field visits (including visual reports);
- Manage the logistics arrangements for training, workshops, meetings (internal and external), events and field visits (monitoring visits from WW-GVC, EU Delegation, NCCT, Ministry of Labour and other relevant local authorities and institutions);
- Handle cash advance payments and manage cash money used for the activities implementation.
- Attend WeWorld-GVC weekly staff meeting and ad-hoc meetings and take minutes, if requested.
- Info/Data collection tasks
- Ensure the regular collection and storage of all monitoring and evaluation (M&E) data (hard and soft copies) needed to guarantee the follow-up of the established indicators.
- Through the Focal Point, Community Mobilizers and members of the SHGs/LRCs collect any useful information on cases of labour exploitation, exploitative brokering and fake private recruitment agencies practices, smuggling, human trafficking, etc. in order to build/develop advocacy roadmap;
- Through the Social Ambassador and members of the SHGs/LRCs collect “real stories” that can be used for the communication campaign and/or case studies and advocacy’s initiatives;
- Take picture during the implementation of the activities;
- Produce an up-to-date mapping of the service providers operating in the areas targeted by WeWorld-GVC migration programme;
- Update the baseline survey on the identified/selected communes/villages targeted by the project and the needs assessment of target groups;
- Identify community needs, participate in the selection of communities and – in case – local partners to be involved in WeWorld-GVC migration programme;
- Assist operations manager and project manager in developing and implementing needs assessment on rural development, education and/or other topics, if required.
- Communication tasks:
- Support in monitoring the communication campaigns on Safe Migration and Labour Rights and ensure excellent communication within the campaign and externally to supporters, stakeholders and the general public;
- Research and coordinate opportunities for raising the profile of the campaign and of WeWorld-GVC externally;
- Support in ensuring program compliance with donor(s) visibility and communication requirements;
- Support team members to ensure that all external communication materials e.g. publications, handouts, brochures, invitations, power points presentations etc. meet WeWorld-GVC guidelines on communication and visibility;
- Developing and regularly updating media contacts/links and media database and actively build relationships with key media people and other influencers to raise organizational profile;
- Accompany and/or facilitate visits to the field for media teams contracted locally and/or via WeWorld-GVC HQ. Ensure adequate reporting regarding field visits (including visual reports);
- Provide support for the organization on both internal and external meetings, seminars, hearings and other events;
- Produce public communication products and feature articles and stories from the field in Khmer and in English, including production of products and post for social media (with photos and videos);
- Daily monitor relevant news and updates in relation to migration at national and regional level and regularly update migration related library with new reports, as well as share it within the team (e.g. weekly press review);
- Encourage good internal communication within the team, support trainings on usage of communication tools and spread good communication practices within the team.
- Reporting tasks
- Elaborate and provide to the line manager and the Project Manager regular reports and/or minutes of each project activities and meetings, monthly and quarterly report of the general development of the project in the area;
- Elaborate the Dossier Report to be submitted monthly to NCCT/PCCT (National/Provincial Committee for Counter Trafficking);
- Report weekly all expenses occurred during the organization of the activities with invoices and all supporting documents;
- Keep efficient records of all activities, contacts details and photos;
- Fill out regularly the log book for the motorbike and any other vehicle used.
- Other tasks
- Assist in translation/interpreter services from Khmer to English and vice versa, if required.
Education and Requirments (កម្រិតវប្បធម៏ និងតម្រូវការ):
- At least 1 year proven experience in a similar position
- Bachelor’s degree preferably on social sciences, migration/human trafficking studies, media, journalism, communication, marketing or equivalent experience
- Specific studies or experience on migration related issues, labour exploitation or human trafficking with a gender approach would be an asset
- Fluency in both Khmer and English – written and verbal
- High level of computer literacy
- Proven ability to identify good story ideas
- Excellent written and verbal communications skills and experience in writing for a range of texts for different audiences
- Interest in photography/media work that can support collecting high-quality photographs and videos to prepare case studies from communities
- Knowledge of photo and edition programs is an asset
- Excellent social media skills, experience in professional social media management for a brand or/and international or local NGO is an asset
- Ability to prioritise and effectively manage assignments in a timely fashion
- Ability to liaise with a diverse range of people and stakeholders, from community to national level
- Team player, flexible, network-builder, able to handle pressure, enjoy fieldwork
- Positive, respectful attitude and collaborative approach to problem solving
- Previous experience in working with International NGOs would be an asset
- Commitment to and understanding of WE WORLD-GVC ‘s aims, values and principles
- Sokcheng Ung
- #49, St. 302, Boeng Keng Kang Ti Muoy Sangkat, Chamkar Mon Khan, Phnom Penh Capital, Cambodia