- Performs name and account based research on lists and reports provided through established resources to determine if evidence of money laundering activities exist. Evaluates transactions and customer relationships for money laundering activities, identifies red flag issues, and escalates within the AML framework for further investigation.
- Maintains familiarity with appropriate investigation techniques to support AML activities, including research utilizing bank systems, intranet, internet and external vendor solutions as appropriate.
- Provides additional support with the AML compliance organization on more complex issues, including research techniques and capabilities, as well other solutions as appropriate.
- Maintains relationships with internal stakeholders in the AML Compliance Office and other areas to help ensure research techniques and capabilities perform at high levels.
- Maintains external awareness of research trends, information, and techniques related to money laundering, and communicates to appropriate levels of the AML Compliance organization. Leadership & Teamwork
- Effectively communicates within AML Compliance, re-enforcing that knowledge on key information, policies and procedures is understood with all constituents both internal and external.
- Maintains awareness of AML/ CAFIU/ PRAKAS trends and other related industry practices helping ensure external knowledge and focus is not lost.
- Helps provide project management support on compliance-related projects and initiatives, as requested, to ensure they progress toward a common goal in alignment with agreed timelines.
- Provides assistance to other investigators when necessary/requested Operational Effectiveness & Control
- Participates in special AML reviews, projects, and training efforts, as required.
- Reports directly to the Compliance Director; Directly supports activities in the AML Operations department. Job Requirements
- Bachelor’s degree in business, finance, accounting, related field or equivalent experience.
- Strong interpersonal, organizational, communications, analytical and project management skills.
- Thorough knowledge of financial products, services, operations and systems and extensive dealing with AML laws/ Criminal Code, regulations and regulatory agencies related to assigned areas.
- Proficiency with personal computers and pertinent mainframe systems and screening software.
What we offer
- Room to grow: our senior team is willing to lend guidance to help you improve your skill-set as well as provide you with training resources; and as a start-up there will
be plenty of opportunities for career progression.
- Fun and dynamic work culture: we aim to hire people who fit well with our office culture, so you’ll be surrounded by like-minded people who believe in the mantra, “work hard, play hard”.
- “Silicon Valley” style workplace: superb office, stimulating environment, access to new hardware and software to make your job easier and more efficient while working in collaborative teams.
- Appealing bonus and benefits: extensive training, insurance, flexible holidays, cash bonus, phone bill, paternity leave and more Clik believes in employee welfare.
Sound like the job for you?
Send your CV and Cover letter to email@example.com